Уже больше полугода все обсуждения и новости переместились в дискорд D1Stats
We have moved to Discord D1Stats, look for discussions and news there.

What is the most advanced Dota Replay Parser source code right now?

Talk 'bout anything you want, including GIVE STABLE/DIRETIDE/OLD VIPER topics
jp06
Gaming Platform: RGC

What is the most advanced Dota Replay Parser source code right now?

Postby jp06 » Apr 9th, '19, 17:48

Something like where the RGC Parser was based on. I want to play around with it once I have the time.

DracoL1ch
Site Admin

Re: What is the most advanced Dota Replay Parser source code right now?

Postby DracoL1ch » Apr 10th, '19, 03:06

There's none, RGC had a passionate guy who updated it properly, I doubt there are many guys like that

jp06

Postby jp06 » Apr 11th, '19, 09:43

DracoL1ch wrote:There's none, RGC had a passionate guy who updated it properly, I doubt there are many guys like that

Sadly, the maintainer seems to be inactive for quite some time (maybe a litte before 6.88 was released). The parser is also down.

Just found this though, how about this as a starting point (code for parser): https://github.com/w3gh/DotaReplayParser
Or are the changes too dramatic from 8 years ago to now that I should just start from scratch?

*edited link

CoTich
Gaming Platform: Steam

Postby CoTich » Apr 12th, '19, 14:20

u can ask riv for that

jp06

Postby jp06 » Apr 13th, '19, 02:35

CoTich wrote:u can ask riv for that

I assume you mean the guy from this website: http://www.rivsoft.narod.ru/
Thanks!

By the way, is he the one that made the online parser for RGC (or did he make any online replay parser)? Just wanted to confirm. If you meant not about asking for permission to use the one hosted in Google Code but for the source code an online replay parser he made.

DracoL1ch
Site Admin

Postby DracoL1ch » Apr 13th, '19, 09:38

no, that wasnt him. Riv did dota replay manager tool, and last time we spoke in '15 he refused to continue it. But then he appeared with online version for map decompile tool. IDK what's on his mind.

jp06

Postby jp06 » Apr 13th, '19, 11:37

DracoL1ch wrote:no, that wasnt him. Riv did dota replay manager tool, and last time we spoke in '15 he refused to continue it. But then he appeared with online version for map decompile tool. IDK what's on his mind.

I actually found him just earlier on Hive Workshop while snooping around for info. Yeah, he seems to be currently active working on that online tool.

But how about this old Dota Replay Parser code in PHP to start with: https://github.com/w3gh/DotaReplayParser Is the algorithm fine? Or I might as well as scrap it?

I actually haven't worked with any map or replay. What should I learn first? Should I try to study some assembly and other CS fundamentals. Does this page still hold true for current patch? http://w3g.deepnode.de/ Or do I still need some other documentation and references?

I just want to make something that displays information like the former RGC parser (although I can't remember what information was shown after parsing) and maybe take some inspirations from Dota 2. I'll try doing it in client-side React style like riv's online tool. Once I have the time.

DracoL1ch
Site Admin

Postby DracoL1ch » Apr 13th, '19, 11:49

I have no idea man, never touched that question. But basing on somewhat ready resource makes more sense, because nothing THAT big was changed in the engine.

jp06

Postby jp06 » Apr 13th, '19, 12:03

Okay, thanks!

Return to “Flood”