Уже больше полугода все обсуждения и новости переместились в дискорд D1Stats
We have moved to Discord D1Stats, look for discussions and news there.

6.90 Personal Comments

Talk 'bout anything you want, including GIVE STABLE/DIRETIDE/OLD VIPER topics
burstman0
Gaming Platform: Gurena

6.90 Personal Comments

Postby burstman0 » Nov 12th, '19, 07:29

I was hoping to see a major (if not completely) new version, maybe I'm ignoring the fact that how hard was to implement the talents along with the special TP slot and a much better cooldown and new mana markers and also maybe that how the these will affect the game for futures metas., but still.

No new items?

Atleast one will be good, like Kaya, for spamming a lot of big mana cost skills, the mages are in need.
Or atleast Aeon Disk, to stop one-shot killing abuse from imbalanced heroes.
Or even a Nullifier would be enough for us, that is important against very farmed heroes, like Alchemist, who are unstoppable if you don't receive any help from allies. and can't deal with them.

No new/reworked abilities?

Apart from some talents that make the skills more powerful (disarm,range,spell amplification, debuffs and buffs).
I don't see nothing new there.
And you still left some Scepter abilities for the current patch (Winter Wyvern, Morphling).

No new terrain?

I remember there was criticism and conflict about having two Roshan on the next map and the very distint showed terrain, but how was is it? Did you scrapped, cancelled or postponed it?
Yes, i know is still in beta (and yeah maybe was predictable because no 7.00 number on the patch name) but no new updates like this in...eight months? Not counting the last patches that only solved the Arc Warden bug.

Don't misunterstand my message, I'm excited and joyed for this new patch like everyone and the possibilities of it, but also skeptical at the same time.

DracoL1ch
Site Admin

Re: 6.90 Personal Comments

Postby DracoL1ch » Nov 12th, '19, 07:52

fatalending
Gaming Platform: Eurobattle

Postby fatalending » Nov 12th, '19, 10:43

valves paid engineers are working on higher level platform to make all those changes you cant expect a handful of people to do the same thing in short amount of time. It kinda amazed me how he managed to come this far, I'm sure items, abilities and terrain is easier than implementing talents and tp slot. He just needs time and if he did all that in one patch it would be a mess. Going incremental allows him to debug these talents first and at some point we will have sooner stable map. If he did all that and put in epicmap after 3 months we would have to wait 3x-4x more to have stable map

burstman0

Postby burstman0 » Nov 12th, '19, 19:29

That's true that they're are a few people doing it, but not a short time has passed since a significant patch that was like in eight months like I said, so it wasn't a short amount of time really, more than half a year.

If you read, I'm not comparing Valve developers with D1 developers, not sense to do it, right, and they already stated that.
And these "mechanics" like cooldown reduction, manacost reduction, mute, a little bit of status resistance already implemented, so why not putting these effects for items or reworked skills?

And again, I'm not undervalueing their work, but I waited a little bit more of effort.

CoTich
Gaming Platform: Steam

Postby CoTich » Nov 14th, '19, 05:56

get more jassers doing more work,it's how Icefrog did
He did not give his map to someone,just told them what to do

burstman0

Postby burstman0 » Nov 15th, '19, 03:53

Probably these coders are working with him (Dracol1ch) but in LoD only.

CoTich
Gaming Platform: Steam

Postby CoTich » Nov 17th, '19, 16:08

only Vordik

Return to “Flood”