Уже больше полугода все обсуждения и новости переместились в дискорд D1Stats
We have moved to Discord D1Stats, look for discussions and news there.

A question and feedback

Talk about anything DotA-related.
jp06
Gaming Platform: RGC

A question and feedback

Postby jp06 » Apr 4th, '19, 07:17

I haven't played Dota 2 for like a year and just returned to playing RGC doto after 6 months. I just wanted to ask this:

Were gameplay changes made in 6.89 still adhere to Dota 2? I'm not familiar with all the changes as I stopped playing in 7.06, like denies giving out 20% of bounty gold. I checked that particular change in the Dota 2 wiki and yes, it is on Dota 2. But I can't be bothered to confirm it all, hence the question.

And a small nitpick. After reading some of the latest 6.88 changelog, I'm not that much of a fan of the 100% sure ban for VIPs. I'm fine with cosmetics, announcers and mentions / shoutouts but I just hope there's nothing that gives anyone even the tiniest bit of edge. Sure, it is a small thing that most likely won't affect the outcome of the game, but still, it irks me a bit.

Loki
Gaming Platform: ВременоБезплатформеный

Re: A question and feedback

Postby Loki » Apr 4th, '19, 07:28

I oppese ban for VIP too.

DracoL1ch
Site Admin

Postby DracoL1ch » Apr 4th, '19, 08:43

So far we have no custom balance, just a mix of dota2 changes

jp06

Postby jp06 » Apr 4th, '19, 09:51

DracoL1ch wrote:So far we have no custom balance, just a mix of dota2 changes

That's reassuring, thank you for the response!

zaksor

Postby zaksor » Apr 5th, '19, 08:25

I somewhat find it better to have someone on either teams that has a 100% guarntee to ban a spammable hero. It makes the game a little bit fun by removing Slark,Bloodseeker,Pudge,Monkey, from every single game, i can't see this priviliage being abused somehow.

jp06

Postby jp06 » Apr 5th, '19, 14:51

zaksor wrote:I somewhat find it better to have someone on either teams that has a 100% guarntee to ban a spammable hero. It makes the game a little bit fun by removing Slark,Bloodseeker,Pudge,Monkey, from every single game, i can't see this priviliage being abused somehow.

You can also ban one hero that is a strong counter to the one that you will pick which has a smaller chance of actually happening when you have no VIP.

And also, what if most or all the 5 players on one team are VIPs? They plan a solid team, and proceed to ban 5 counters to theirs. ez points :cry:

zaksor

Postby zaksor » Apr 5th, '19, 15:43

Allow me to rephrase what i said: i can't see this priviliage being abused somehow in pubs.

Most heroes have multiple strong counters, but i agree on the 5 players on 1 team point, although it's highly unlikely but just in case maybe Draco can give certain limitations when certain conditions are met, such as only having 100% to ban 1 or 2 heroes and then you can't ban anymore, or a downscale in percentage for each team that has a VIP member, or give the other team a 100% chance to ban 1 or 2 for every VIP on the other team, or just an automatic ban for slark and monkey in 90% of the games played :D

jp06

Postby jp06 » Apr 5th, '19, 16:52

zaksor wrote:Allow me to rephrase what i said: i can't see this priviliage being abused somehow in pubs.

I mean the pub games. I, at least, have never seen -ap mode in non-pub game, just -zm or -cm. 5 people for example (friends, clanmates, etc. in a party) can sign for an all pick game then !ready after they all get to one team. Well, for those who would take the bait, they're at a disadvantage.

I think it is normal for pub games to pick what they want, and those are the heroes that are commonly picked. You just have to deal with it. For me it's fun already if I get to play my hero to my heart's content. It's enough to have a small chance to ban a hero of your choice.

Return to “General”