Уже больше полугода все обсуждения и новости переместились в дискорд D1Stats
We have moved to Discord D1Stats, look for discussions and news there.

bind and 's' key

Talk about anything DotA-related.
dotaplayer2
Gaming Platform: rgc

bind and 's' key

Postby dotaplayer2 » May 24th, '19, 02:19

i have 'hold position' on the s key, and i also have altS for the inventory slot. problem is, when i want to use the item in altS it is issued a hold position command and the hero stops in its tracks at the same time i get the cursor to use the item. for example if i want to double tap tp the hero starts the tp and immediately cancels it, since the second 'altS' is also a hold command which stops the channeling. i've checked my customkeys.txt and its not an issue with that. it also seems to be only a problem with the s key, since its not like altQ or altW randomly cast skills on Q or W when it try to use items.

ive tried to rebind 'hold position' to caps lock but the bind doesn't work (caps lock works as a bind for other keys), and the weirdest thing is that even without 's' being binded to anything (either in the dota config or the customkeys) it still registers as a stop or hold command (i had disabledefaulthotkeys as true, and it worked since the 'a' for attack was disabled).

any ideas on this issue?

DracoL1ch
Site Admin

Re: bind and 's' key

Postby DracoL1ch » May 24th, '19, 05:34

DisableDefaultHotkeys only affects those which are located on unit's order panel, and Stop/Hold are "hardcoded" to use S/H or config's values. You sure you've rebinded http://d1stats.ru/configdota/?lang=en BindStop key?

dotaplayer2
Gaming Platform: rgc

Postby dotaplayer2 » May 24th, '19, 18:24

yeah, i had bindstop as 's' and inventory slot 4 as ctrlS (or altS, happens on both cases). when i want to press ctrlS or altS, the game issues a stop command as if i had pressed 's' without the modifiers. it doesn't happen that way for any other key and i deleted the stuff in the customkeys.txt about stop and hold position

DracoL1ch
Site Admin

Postby DracoL1ch » May 25th, '19, 06:30

yeah, im afraid S and H are special in this case, because of the way they're implemented (differently from other hotkeys)
can't be helped

Return to “General”