Suggestions

Any kind of suggestions and ideas goes here.
Mercilec
Posts: 10
Joined: Sep 22, 2017
Gaming Platform: MyMGN

Suggestions

Postby Mercilec » Oct 1st, '17, 10:24

Item changes

Monkey King Bar
Reduces your chance to miss by 60% and not 100% (60% sounds fair to me). Why do i suggest this? because by buying a MKB any skill that gives evasion/dodge becomes useless. For example, Mortret's passive become useless and i dont think thats fair at all.

Diffusal Blade
Make it so that after spending the 8 charges you can recharge the item by buying x2 (or x3?) the recipes again (without any limi on how many times you can recharge it).

Heroes

Realisim. Is the the word i can use to sum up this suggestion regarding heroes.
I know that realisim doesnt equal balance, but dota is not a balanced moba in the first place, i mean, look at invo, or the mere fact that some heroes skills scale with attributes when most heroes' skills simply dont.
Anyway, back on topic. What i want to suggest is to make more skills do physical dmg, such as Centaurs skills, he uses his Axe after all. Also skills such as Lion's, Nerubian's, Earthshaker's stuns should deal physical dmg and not magical. Generally, as i said, the idea is: whatever looks physical should deal physical dmg.
This will make BKB more situational and a "smart" use item instead of just: *activate bkb and become fearless*. Which results in more in-depth and detailed gameplay where knowledge and timing matters a lot more.
So to conclude, Centuar and the stuns i gave are just example, i would suggest similar approach to all heroes. OFC i do understand that this is something that requires time to develop, so i dont want to sound rude or anything, i guess its something u can slowly develop as time passes by.

Thx for the improvements on the map and for keeping it up to date!

User avatar
RokKnyaz
Posts: 969
Joined: Jul 3, 2015

Re: Suggestions

Postby RokKnyaz » Oct 1st, '17, 11:33

Oh shi~
Image

Lan Nguyen
Posts: 247
Joined: Aug 13, 2017
Gaming Platform: Nothing

Re: Suggestions

Postby Lan Nguyen » Oct 1st, '17, 16:48

What the f*** is this?
Wardota2

Lan Nguyen
Posts: 247
Joined: Aug 13, 2017
Gaming Platform: Nothing

Re: Suggestions

Postby Lan Nguyen » Oct 1st, '17, 16:50

Sorry but i dont like your suggestions
Wardota2

User avatar
DracoL1ch
Site Admin
Posts: 1805
Joined: Jan 12, 2015
Location: Russia
Contact:

Re: Suggestions

Postby DracoL1ch » Oct 1st, '17, 18:31

Logic also says that TB should have 0 vision aoe and all hovering heroes should be able to fly freely. Thing is, logic can't balance anything.

Mercilec
Posts: 10
Joined: Sep 22, 2017
Gaming Platform: MyMGN

Re: Suggestions

Postby Mercilec » Oct 1st, '17, 19:53

@dracolich
look, i honestly dont care if u will take the realistic approach i suggested or not but to me whats fascinating is the fact that u ignore a part of what i said, like the fact that some heroes are way stronger than others (Invoker??), GENERALLY the newer heroes are STRONGER and more complex compare to the older heroes. But you seem to totally ignore that part and just point out that what I SUGGEST is unbalanced, hell, i even explained why it would make the game more complex and would require better timing and general knowledge of the heroes. ohhh welll :^^:


what about the item changeS? are they O P as well ??! :^^:

hul]
Posts: 356
Joined: Jun 28, 2015

Re: Suggestions

Postby hul] » Oct 1st, '17, 20:50

draco doesn't change the balance. icefrog does

Mercilec
Posts: 10
Joined: Sep 22, 2017
Gaming Platform: MyMGN

Re: Suggestions

Postby Mercilec » Oct 8th, '17, 14:44

then i guess the addition of conumable slots is in the plans?

Mercilec
Posts: 10
Joined: Sep 22, 2017
Gaming Platform: MyMGN

Re: Suggestions

Postby Mercilec » Oct 12th, '17, 11:58

hmmm no replies...
ok, can we discuss the diffusal blade suggetion? honestly i dont even see whats bad in that suggestion, its not balance related or anything, its just another thing that icefrog never "fixed" (not being able to get rechages after u lose them).

jp06
Posts: 70
Joined: Jan 24, 2016
Gaming Platform: RGC

Re: Suggestions

Postby jp06 » Oct 12th, '17, 12:43

No. Reading this made me cringe. Please just give respect to the legacy Dota 1 (and Dota 2 alike) and never mention it again. Just understand that all balances/changes in the map (albeit a little not inclined) are according to Dota 2 patches. I think it is already balanced, it is just dependent on the personal skills of a player to adapt to situations or pick appropriate heroes. Also, you misspelled realism.

jp06
Posts: 70
Joined: Jan 24, 2016
Gaming Platform: RGC

Re: Suggestions

Postby jp06 » Oct 12th, '17, 12:52

Mercilec wrote:hmmm no replies...
ok, can we discuss the diffusal blade suggetion? honestly i dont even see whats bad in that suggestion, its not balance related or anything, its just another thing that icefrog never "fixed" (not being able to get rechages after u lose them).

The point in Diffusal Blade is that the player must use the charges wisely. It is like that MANY patches ago (still like that now even in Dota 2) and Icefrog still is not changing that Diffusal Blade mechanic. You are not first one to suggest similar suggestion and would never be the last.

User avatar
DracoL1ch
Site Admin
Posts: 1805
Joined: Jan 12, 2015
Location: Russia
Contact:

Re: Suggestions

Postby DracoL1ch » Oct 12th, '17, 13:09

There are always flaws in balance, as it's literally impossible to create any kind of balance between so many variables. Surely I did some non-dota2 changes, like I got rid of Orbs much earlier than they did (7+). There are always things to improve, but it's very fragile system with tons of unforeseen consequences in global terms. Althought low level of games in dota1 in general makes those nerfs/buffs kinda irrelevant anyway.

jp06
Posts: 70
Joined: Jan 24, 2016
Gaming Platform: RGC

Re: Suggestions

Postby jp06 » Oct 12th, '17, 14:53

DracoL1ch wrote:There are always flaws in balance, as it's literally impossible to create any kind of balance between so many variables. Surely I did some non-dota2 changes, like I got rid of Orbs much earlier than they did (7+). There are always things to improve, but it's very fragile system with tons of unforeseen consequences in global terms. Althought low level of games in dota1 in general makes those nerfs/buffs kinda irrelevant anyway.

True. DotA is very complex and people almost every time find a way to *cough*exploit*cough* take advantage of a certain patch/meta :D

Mercilec
Posts: 10
Joined: Sep 22, 2017
Gaming Platform: MyMGN

Re: Suggestions

Postby Mercilec » Oct 12th, '17, 17:17

jp06 wrote:
Mercilec wrote:hmmm no replies...
ok, can we discuss the diffusal blade suggetion? honestly i dont even see whats bad in that suggestion, its not balance related or anything, its just another thing that icefrog never "fixed" (not being able to get rechages after u lose them).

The point in Diffusal Blade is that the player must use the charges wisely. It is like that MANY patches ago (still like that now even in Dota 2) and Icefrog still is not changing that Diffusal Blade mechanic. You are not first one to suggest similar suggestion and would never be the last.


look im going to reply to you just once because u obviously ignore common sense and im not here to debate with ppl that ignore common sense.

1)You can recreate the WHOLE item and get the charges again, so your argument of "use charges" wisely is invalid.
The whole item currenlty costs 3850 gold. What i suggest simple, i suggest x3 recipes just to get the charges, and x3 recipes = 2100 gold, which isnt cheap at all.

2)Icefrog is nothing but a human, he isnt perfect.
The state he left dota1 wasnt as good as it is now with Dracolich fixing and adding stuff.

Your way of thinking is utterly non-constructive. If dracolich was to listen to ppl like u, no changes would have ever been made on this map, HELL, no one would ever create or revolutionize anything in the first place. Maybe we would still be living in the caves.

Lan Nguyen
Posts: 247
Joined: Aug 13, 2017
Gaming Platform: Nothing

Re: Suggestions

Postby Lan Nguyen » Oct 13th, '17, 05:30

DracoL1ch wrote:There are always flaws in balance, as it's literally impossible to create any kind of balance between so many variables. Surely I did some non-dota2 changes, like I got rid of Orbs much earlier than they did (7+). There are always things to improve, but it's very fragile system with tons of unforeseen consequences in global terms. Althought low level of games in dota1 in general makes those nerfs/buffs kinda irrelevant anyway.

Is it able to add a new hero?
Wardota2

zaksor
Posts: 26
Joined: Aug 23, 2016
Gaming Platform: gameranger

Re: Suggestions

Postby zaksor » Oct 13th, '17, 08:11

Perfect practice makes perfect
if you don't know how to play properly , well then its your problem not the creator's problem


Return to “Suggestions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest