Уже больше полугода все обсуждения и новости переместились в дискорд D1Stats
We have moved to Discord D1Stats, look for discussions and news there.

Why not just write a custom loader and support all w3 versions?

Any kind of suggestions and ideas goes here.
cen
Gaming Platform: eurobattle

Why not just write a custom loader and support all w3 versions?

Postby cen » Aug 24th, '17, 22:46

Since 6.88 relies on an exploit in 1.26 to work, why not just write a dll that hooks into w3 and opens up an "exploit" of whatever you want? Most leagues supply some kind of external client/loader/gproxy anyway, so distributing such a hook would be easy. Or even better, just add the functionality into w3l, which already intercepts game.dll and patches it in memory to allow pvpgn login sequence. Unfortunately I am personaly not that good in low level programming but this seems doable to me. I heard it was already attempted to reintroduce the 1.26 exploit into newer versions but that might be the wrong approach, since you can introduce a new one.

DracoL1ch
Site Admin

Re: Why not just write a custom loader and support all w3 versions?

Postby DracoL1ch » Aug 25th, '17, 00:46

because it will be up to the platform to update, and up to user to launch the custom loader. In the end, if some platform is ready to add functionality we need, it's possible. Issue is, there are a lot of addresses to look up & update, not to speak of relatively frequent updates of official wc3 which literally adds more reversing work with no real impact.
Speaking of platforms and launchers, the best decision for now is autopatch back to 26 and revert on launcher close.

Return to “Suggestions”