Уже больше полугода все обсуждения и новости переместились в дискорд D1Stats
We have moved to Discord D1Stats, look for discussions and news there.

The issue with templar assassin

Any kind of suggestions and ideas goes here.
fatalending
Gaming Platform: Eurobattle

The issue with templar assassin

Postby fatalending » Dec 30th, '17, 15:48

First of all since this is my first post I want to thank every one in developer squad since I always thought this map is impossible for warcraft 3 dota. I have few suggestions about a hero that I played almost more than everyone else in the game. I have over 1k games on Dota2 with the hero and im playing it at your map nowadays. There are some issues with the hero which makes it 'weaker' overall than DotA2.

By weaker, I mean poor farm speed, poor laning power and harder control in fights. Here are the reasons that I found:

1- Psi blades are not working as it does on DotA2. It is much harder to hit them due to hero model or something about the width of the blade. I was able to kill enemy with it in DotA2 however I'm happy if I can hit just once or twice in DotA1.

2-Meld and auto attack. After meld if you press a and ground it should hit meld strike to the closest target. However meld gets canceled even there is an enemy next to you when you press auto attack key. This is important especially for blink combos where you blink to fog and strike right away.

3- Jungling. This reduces the ta's power alot. There should always be a position where you can hit all the creeps to farm faster however it is not the case for DotA1 maps here is a clip describes what I mean by that https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2-mMtU5FIg if you watch couple minutes after minute 52:20

4- Ancient creeps. Ta is known to be ancient farmer thankfully after your patch psi blades work on ancients however ta can't farm it without 20minute + items because psi blades cant hit more than 2-3 creeps even while there are 10-12 of them. If you check the 10:30 of the video above you can see that ta can easly farm the creeps with a phase and aquila. However it takes 2-3 minutes to farm such stack in dota1 that its not even worth it.

I hope its possible to fix some of them in patches to come, or any additional buff to balance stuff since ta cant get use of these features.

c_V_i_X_9
Gaming Platform: Ranked Gaming Client

Re: The issue with templar assassin

Postby c_V_i_X_9 » Dec 30th, '17, 17:32

Ty for posting this, i also wanted to address some of the things you posted, but i figured it's just how the hero works in D1. I mean it probably needs a lot of work to change some of these things (if they can be at all changed for the better), and there are more important things to be focused on for the time being...

fatalending
Gaming Platform: Eurobattle

Postby fatalending » Dec 30th, '17, 17:37

c_V_i_X_9 wrote:Ty for posting this, i also wanted to address some of the things you posted, but i figured it's just how the hero works in D1. I mean it probably needs a lot of work to change some of these things (if they can be at all changed for the better), and there are more important things to be focused on for the time being...

Ofcourse I'm aware that there are probably more important things then a single heroes balance I just wanted to adress them so developers may figure something out since i love playing this hero and it is very weak at this patch

c_V_i_X_9

Postby c_V_i_X_9 » Dec 30th, '17, 17:52

I get it bro...i also love playing Lanaya and i hope some of the problems are not hard to fix.

DracoL1ch
Site Admin

Postby DracoL1ch » Dec 30th, '17, 18:58

Thanks for details, I will address what I can

c_V_i_X_9

Postby c_V_i_X_9 » Jan 9th, '18, 22:12

Also it would be great if Psi Blades had some effect on them like in D2 so you can see the projectile .

DracoL1ch
Site Admin

Postby DracoL1ch » Jan 29th, '18, 21:11

Hi
Lately I recoded Psi Blades mechanically so it will be slightly different from before. Expect you to try it out on 88v4 version when it's out and report how it feels now.

Lan Nguyen
Gaming Platform: Nothing

Postby Lan Nguyen » Jan 30th, '18, 14:25

Great :) v4 is coming!!! Would u like to add the mk to it?
Wardota2

Loki
Gaming Platform: ВременоБезплатформеный

Postby Loki » Jan 30th, '18, 14:26

MK in 88 Image

Lan Nguyen

Postby Lan Nguyen » Jan 30th, '18, 14:37

Why not?chinese put mk in 85 and do u know,it works fine check it here https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=you ... -pTKLIWFkw
I dont know why u always troll me :/
Wardota2

Lan Nguyen

Postby Lan Nguyen » Jan 30th, '18, 14:42

:prayy: :avtorklif:
Loki wrote:MK in 88 Image
Wardota2

Loki
Gaming Platform: ВременоБезплатформеный

Postby Loki » Jan 30th, '18, 15:31

Lan Nguyen wrote:I dont know why u always troll me :/
I laugh at any person who say something wrong. Ok, u dont knew. Few years ago we have already discussed the path of development of map and decided that we will adhere to the D2 changelogs. And we still think so. Doesnt matter what do other mapmakers.
Too many opinions, too many suggestions, too many desires. Impossible satisfy it all. Focus on bugs and quality of gameplay.
I do not claim that MK will be released only at 7.00, may he appear in 88, but not now

c_V_i_X_9

Postby c_V_i_X_9 » Jan 31st, '18, 01:00

DracoL1ch wrote:Hi
Lately I recoded Psi Blades mechanically so it will be slightly different from before. Expect you to try it out on 88v4 version when it's out and report how it feels now.

Good to know man, hope you release it soon :)

Lan Nguyen

Postby Lan Nguyen » Jan 31st, '18, 04:24

Loki wrote:
Lan Nguyen wrote:I dont know why u always troll me :/
I do not claim that MK will be released only at 7.00, may he appear in 88, but not now

I think so
Wardota2

Mortrus
Gaming Platform: RetardGaming dot Cunt

Postby Mortrus » Jan 31st, '18, 07:50

88 is still unexplored. There are too many bugs, that aren't found yet.
Loki is right, we need a stable map for building the new. It's false to carry through the version hidden bugs as it was in IceDown's map.

Angel
Gaming Platform: RGC

Postby Angel » Feb 1st, '18, 01:12

Want someone to please remember Ricky and his Tricks of the Trade, which still does not work with Battle Fury.
I have been remembering it from the 88f.
Thank you for reading

Timurka
Gaming Platform: НЕГДЕ ИГРАТЬ БЛЯТЬ

Postby Timurka » Feb 1st, '18, 05:50

чет там про темпларку? сложно в англ...

Timurka
Gaming Platform: НЕГДЕ ИГРАТЬ БЛЯТЬ

Postby Timurka » Feb 1st, '18, 05:52

а ну да ебать, за ланаю невозможно в д1 играть....

Lan Nguyen

Postby Lan Nguyen » Feb 3rd, '18, 06:19

dont be rude [iTiMika]
Wardota2

c_V_i_X_9

Postby c_V_i_X_9 » Mar 14th, '18, 19:32

DracoL1ch wrote:Hi

Psi Blades feel really good now, i actually can't wait to play Lanaya when map becomes official :)

Also can you tell me at least will it be possible (and worthwhile) to add effect for spill projectile to be visible like in D2?

Return to “Suggestions”